HanesBrands Announces Progress Toward 2030 Global Sustainability Goals Impacting People, Planet and Product
“At HanesBrands, sustainability is integrated into everything we do — from our iconic brands to sourcing our materials to manufacturing our great products,” said
2021 Sustainability Summary Report Highlights
- 1.4 million lives impacted by HanesBrands’ philanthropic initiatives and associate and community programs
- 9.4 million items of essential clothing donated to 80 organizations
U.S.leaders at senior manager level and above are women
- 11% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions*; set science-based emissions reduction targets for 2030
- 48% of electricity came from renewable sources
- 92% of waste diverted from landfills
- 61% sustainable cotton used in HanesBrands products
- 15% reduction in single-use plastics*
- 5% reduction in packaging weight*
*2019 serves as a baseline for the report
“By setting challenging goals and reporting against our progress, we are showing our commitment to sustainable practices and continuing our long history of acting responsibly, ethically and with transparency,” said
- In late 2020, HanesBrands announced sustainability goals around three pillars: People, Planet and Product.
- In 2021, HanesBrands announced its Full Potential growth plan, including a commitment to building a more sustainable business, as well as investment in the company’s associates.
HanesBrands continues to monitor progress against its 2030 global sustainability goals. Learn more about HanesBrands’ commitments at HBISustains.com.
Senior Vice President,
Data Provided by Refinitiv. Minimum 15 minutes delayed.