HanesBrands Makes Significant Progress Toward its 2025 and 2030 Global Sustainability Goals
Company launches “I’m In” global associate sustainability pledge
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230420005251/en/
“HanesBrands continues to build on our leadership position in sustainability by improving the lives of people, protecting the planet and creating more sustainable products,” said
Highlights of Progress in 2021 & 2022
People Goal: Contribute to improving the lives of at least 10 million people through diversity and inclusion, workplace equality, health and wellness, education and community-improvement philanthropy.
- 2.7 million lives impacted by HanesBrands’ philanthropic initiatives and associate and community programs
- 8.5 million pieces of essential clothing provided to people in need
50% of senior manager and above positions are held by women in the
Planet Goals: Set science-based targets to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce energy and water use by 25%, move to 100% renewable electricity and take landfill waste to zero.
- 30% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions; have submitted emissions reduction targets through the Science-Based Target Initiative
- 92% of waste diverted from landfill
- Nearly 50% of the electricity we consume is from renewable sources
Product Goals: Use 100% recycled/biodegradable polyester and sustainably sourced cotton, reduce packaging weight by 25% and eliminate single-use plastics (what remains must be commonly recyclable or compostable).
- 70% of cotton used is sustainably grown
- Projects implemented to reduce single-use plastic by 34%
- Projects implemented to reduce packaging weight by 11%
“We are proud of our longstanding history of ethical and responsible business practices and our ongoing commitment to ‘Do What’s Right’,” said
HanesBrands also announced the launch of its “I’m In” global associate sustainability campaign, encouraging associates to do simple things to create major change. With more than 50,000 associates around the world, the “I’m In” campaign is designed to further strengthen HanesBrands’ impact on improving the environment and fostering engagement among its internal teams to help create a more comfortable world for every body.
To learn much more about HanesBrands’ 2025 and 2030 goals and progress, visit HBISustains.com.
HanesBrands (NYSE: HBI) makes everyday apparel that is known and loved by consumers around the world for comfort, quality and value. Among the company’s iconic brands are Hanes, the leading basic apparel brand in
Data Provided by Refinitiv. Minimum 15 minutes delayed.